Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Pouring

I know you've heard the saying, "When it Rains, it Pours." It's so "funny" how when we were going through something SOOOO big with Tori and being in the hospital months on end that I was able to cling to my faith and rely on Him and yet when the "small" things hit, I seem to freak out and "breakdown" wondering what am I going to do?? Do I honestly believe that God can only handle the BIG things in my life?? No. I know full well that He is BIG enough to handle all the small, everyday things as well, so Father, help me give them to you instead of trying to fix them all myself!!

On New Years Day, we had a small fire get out of control and lets just say with fireworks in the mix, it wasn't pretty. Four yards ended up getting burnt (grass will grow back, no biggie, I know) but it was a close call between ours and our neighbors house at one point. There was some minimal damage to the siding on our neighbors house that we've offered to replace but nothing else was damaged. The fire department (yes, SEVERAL trucks and cars came, so embarrassing) got there and put it out and for that we are thankful. No one got hurt, and it was a big accident, but it still hurt us in the pocketbook. Not only do we have to replace the siding, but our water bill was quadrupeled because they hooked the hoses up to our water line in the yard. Yeah, do you know how many gallons pump through those hoses so fast? Well, my water bill says A LOT. So, what a way to start off the year. Woo hoo.

Then, a couple of weeks ago (all in the month of January, mind you) we came home to a half of our house flooded from where a pipe had busted where there was NO insulation in the wall around it. The plumber clearly told us it was because there was no insulation. Now, we're not fighting people, so we didn't pursue it any further...until our heat went out tonight. In case you haven't stepped outside in our neck of the woods tonight, let me tell you it's currently 19 degrees outside. yeah, pretty cold. Now, most people would think that is bad luck, oh well, gotta get it fixed. Nope, it's more than that. This is the 5th or 6th time since our house was built 2 years ago that we've had this SAME problem. The first time was in the dead heat of summer when I was pregnant with Tori and I remember standing outside in 90 something heat because it was cooler than the inside of my house was.

I will admit I slightly got in the flesh tonight when I called our builder and left him a nice, sweet message to call us FIRST thing tomorrow morning. :) And then I said God Bless You, come visit me at church Sunday. Ok, so I just lied. I'm sorry, I'm human and I'll apologoze to the man later, but for now, I'm ticked. We have our emergency heat on now, so we're staying warm, but have you ever looked at your utility bill after using ER heat for an extended amount of time?? Not a pretty picture next month either.

SO, why do I vent and gripe and complain about all this?? Well, journaling/blogging helps me get stuff off my chest and no one has to physically hear me complaining about it, so it's all good. I mostly wanted to write it all and remind myself, "Melissa, God is still in control. He was in control when you lost Tori and He knew the heartache you would face and the financial dilemmas you would run into. He's always supplied, though, and He won't stop now. He doesn't only care about the BIG, miraculous things. He cares about the "small" things that you can't fix, that make you mad and that you worry constantly about. STOP worrying. Give it to Him. You can't choose to trust Him in certain areas of your life. A relationship with Him doesn't work that way. Claim His promises over your life and know that He will come through for you. This awful, stinky, corrupt, dying, sinful world is NOT your home! Keep your eyes fixed on what lies ahead for you and that is your heavenly home... where the heat will never break and fires won't burn up the yard or house! :) Now go reflect on how He's been faithful and know He will do it again...just like the song says. Good night." (I think that about sums it up, no comments neccessary. LOL. But feel free to add to it if you'd like..hehe!)

2 comments:

lori1984 said...

oh man i know the feeling when it rains it pours trust me!!
yeah E heat bills suck! our heat went out like 2 days after bella came home and we could not get it fixed till jan but we also have gas heat in the living room so we lived in there for a lil over a month....
I Love you and love reading your blog!! ttyl!! Love you and miss you sorry i missed your part i have been fighting a migraine the past few days that i cant get rid of any way all that to say i hope all went well !! and i hope you had a great birthday!!

Kristin said...

Hey...I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how your birthday was.

I'm sorry the rain is pouring down on you right now. It seems like it for sure comes in waves into our lives at times.

Hang in there, girl! You are strong and this won't defeat you.

I'm still potentially heading around your area on Saturday if you aren't working and want to get together.

If not, the offer still stands for you to come down and escape all these annoyances for a day or so. :o)