Wednesday, January 7, 2009

5:45 p.m. Central Tonight

Do you believe in Matthew 18:19-20??? “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” If you do, please join me in praying at 5:45 tonight for baby Reed Putman.

I have asked my readers to pray for him already about a month ago. He is now very critical, as they believe his kidneys and liver are no longer working well at all. Tori became just this swollen and sick and I remember so vividly what it was like to see and experience it all at this point. As a mother, you feel helpless and know all you can do is PRAY. (don't you know that He wants us to get this to point where we are totally helpless and reliant on Him???) You know the Lord will work this out for good, but you want to be faithful and ask Him to heal and spare your baby's life, too!!!

If the Lord has taught me anything through Tori's 6 months on this earth and through her death, He has taught me about true compassion. I only thought I was compassionate for people before. Reed and his family are weighing heavy on my heart, and I want nothing more than to see the Lord do a miracle here in his life. However, we will accept His will whatever he decides. Until we know the outcome, though, we will gather together and PRAY!! So, at 5:45 p.m. central tonight, please stop, even for a moment, and lift little Reed up! His parents will be praying over him in the NICU as well as family and friends praying in the waiting room. Claim Matthew 18:19-20 and pray fervently. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I know from the Putman family.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/reedputman

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest melissa...
i WILL be praying for sweet little baby reed. a blessing it is to pray for those that are hurting and in need of prayer. God has been blessing me for quite some time just by praying for others and recognizing their needs.
i also want to ask you to be in constant prayer for molly long and her husband jared and their family. molly is 29, 4 months pregnant with their 3rd baby, and was just diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with stage 3C colon cancer. my heart is aching for them. i think it would be the hardest to lose a child, but running close would be faced with knowing that you have to leave your babies and husband behind. while i do think God can do anything and perform miracles....i know she is in for quite the fight. and then there is her unborn child...and all the risks there. i am sure there are a lot of hard decisions to make and not easy knowing the best treatments of hoping to save both you and your childs lives. please join me in prayer over them...i know you will. please, please don't stop! i know the Lord's will is always best, whatever that may be....but i have been keeping in mind matthew 18: 19-20 myself today after reading the baby reed's mothers entry. i know that God hears us...He delights in our seeking Him.
i hope you are enjoying your new year thus far. i am praying for strength from the Lord to make it the best year ever. He has been showing me and i am trying to hold onto...."God has given me this day, make it the best day of my life!" He gave this back to me on december 10th...and i am trying to keep it true in my heart! i truly desire to live every day like this...i want Him to be pleased with me and how i use this time on earth that He has blessed me with. may my everyday be used for His glory and His purpose. i fail in this daily, but i do so desire it from the bottom of my heart...and so thankful that He KNOWS my heart!
love you and wishing you the best this year and always....
oh...and i do so hope to meet you in person, finally, this year! what a blessing it would be to give you a big hug for all of those times i have always wanted to be there just to do that! you are a blessing and i cherish you to pieces! thank you so much for what you have given to me...i know you don't even know, but you have given me so much! thank you for always being obedient to Him! it carries over to those in need like me!
shannon

Kristin said...

Hey...last night at our House of Prayer service as I sat listening to one of the songs God kept overwhelmingly bringing you to my mind. Over and over again. So...I prayed for you and your family during the rest of the song and I wanted to pass on the lyrics to you. You may already even know this song but for some reason last night I could not get thoughts of you out of my head as I listened to the words.

I don't understand Your ways
Oh but I will give You my song
Give You all of my praise
You hold on to all my pain
With it You are pulling me closer
And pulling me into Your ways

Now around every corner
And up every mountain
I'm not looking for crowns
Or the water from fountains
I'm desperate in seeking, frantic believing
That the sight of Your face
Is all that I need
I will say to You

It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all
I believe this
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all
I believe this

Jesus, you're worth it.
Jesus, you're worth it.
Jesus, you're worth it all.

Karin said...

We will be joining you in prayer at 5:45 today for sweet baby Reed!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Thank you so much for all that you've done to reach out to our family. Reed Putman is my nephew and I appreciate you asking your prayer warriors, friends and church family to lift him up in prayer. Melissa, I have enjoyed reading your journals and posts. I can not imagine your pain from loosing little Victoria, but praise God that you are a strong christian lady. I know God is rewarding you and allowing you to have the perfect peace that you can only obtain through a personal relationship with him. I have been wanting to contact you but haven't had the perfect words, and I still don't, but today when I saw that your Mother in Law is from Dothan, I knew we had a connection. I am originally from Dothan as well, however I've been living in Tuscaloosa for 15 years. All of my surviving family is still in Dothan. Thank you again, for being such an inspiration to me. I know my sister in law, Tina apppreciates you as well.

Melissa said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know The Putman family appreciates all of the faithful prayer warriors on Reed's behalf and I know that even more it pleases our Lord and Savior to have His people BELIEVING enough to pray and ask for His healing and will be done. He is SO happy when we have faith in Him and give Him all the glory as well! So thank you for being apart of this special unison prayer time the other day. Please don't let it be a one time thing, though. Little Reed needs our daily prayers. You can subscribe to email updates on his caringbridge page on my blog so you know how to pray.