Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Savannah!





My baby girl turned three years old yesterday (Saturday, October 4th). She had a "Princess Party at the Park" and all of her friends and her dressed up as princesses and had a fun day playing at the park! All I had heard was that she wanted a cake and to blow out her candles at the park, to dress up as a princess and twirl like a ballerina with Alaina and that she wanted a baby doll, Blues Clues toothbrush and gum for presents. My, how I wish the requests would be this simple all her life! :)





So, we did as she wanted, and she had a wonderful party with lots more presents than the few she requested (although she did get the things she asked for!) and she had a wonderful time. I am posting some pictures to show you of her special day.





I must admit it was sad to think of my sweet Tori not being there...to think that she would've just had her first birthday two weeks prior, and then Savannah would be turning three, and my girls would hopefully be the best of friends and playmates on this special day! I missed her immensely at the party yesterday.





Last night after her party I was watching some of the video, and saw a video of Tori and I the week before she died. We had not videoed very much all her short life, but instead took tons of pictures. I cannot put into words how precious and bittersweet it was to see her on video for the first time since she died, to see her hands moving, her eyes wide open looking around and responding to me talking to and laying in the bed with her. I know God gave us that special day together because that is all I have of a "real life picture" of her body moving and still being here with us. I will try to transfer it to my computer and show it to you all, it is SO incredibly sweet.





When I think of how Savannah came into this world 3 years ago, I truly took for granted then (as most people do until they've experienced what we have) the normalcy of her birth, with no complications, being able to bring her home 2 days later with me, and enjoying her first few months of life in the comfort of our own home and not a hospital. When she was born on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005 at 5:23 p.m., my life was forever changed. I am no longer the person I was before that precious baby came into my life. I now see how through every experience in our lives, God uses them to mold us and make us into the person that He has called us to be.





After having Savannah, I planned on having more children in the same way I did Savannah, with no complications and was ready for more because I had such an easy delivery and was encouraged by that. However, God had something different in mind. I am now truly thankful, and definitely don't take for granted, the health of my child and the three years I have had with her so far on this earth. I hope and pray that the Lord gives us many more years together, that I see her have children of her own (unless He chooses to come back first and I will be perfectly okay with that)! :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! You are such a beautiful princess! We hope your day was fun. We enjoyed looking at the pictures and it made it miss you even more! Amelie always thinks of you when she sees hair bows!! We love you!

Julie, Freddy, Amelie, and Vanya

Lucy said...

What an adorable party!