Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pictures from Tori's Celebration of Life -- Part 2

***The captions are above describing the picture below.***

This was hanging on my hospital door a year ago to the day as we reused it at the celebration of her life party.



Josh said he remembered writing this on it just like it was yesterday....my, how time flies.



We had a book at the entrance that people wrote sweet and encouraging messages in to Josh and I. We will cherish this book and it's words for years to come.



Chatting with some of our guests.



Amy George blogged about how we just cried and hugged when we saw each other, and this is a picture that Emily, my friend and photograpger, got of that sweet moment. Amy and I had only corresponded through email and mail before this day, so it was a real joy to finally meet such a kindred spirit through the most difficult thing in my life. She has been an inspiration and encouragement to me through what she's done through her own daughter's life, Melissa, and how she has kept her memory alive since. Doing something good in our precious babies name is a wonderful way to help others, yes, but to also help us heal as we grieve for them.

I was fortunate to meet a few other people this day whom I had never met in person, either. They had followed Tori's story on caringbridge for several months, and we had emailed and "met" that way, but when they gave of their time and resources to come this day to encourage a stranger, a sister whom they had never met, it was awesome. Thank you for you few who did this, you know who you are.



The kids were enjoying watching baby Tori on the TV! Cayden is pointing at her in excitement.



Stuffing my face for the first time all day! and chatting my special friends who have walked this road before us...Dave and Gracie and their little boy, Ronald, whom they have adopted since being in our shoes. They are currently trying to adopt another little girl, too. I think it's awesome to do that and give of yourself in this capacity. You are giving another human being a chance at a better life and loving them like they're your own, never thinking for a moment that they're not. I think adoption is pretty amazing...

By the way, if you have followed my blogging for any time at all, you will recall me meeting Gracie while standing in line for a consignment sale in Huntsville before Tori died. She walked up to me, a complete stranger, and asked, "Are you Tori's mom?" She had been given our website and recognized me that day. What a wonderful way God brought us together. They lost a baby at 9 weeks old due to similar circumstances, and it has been encouraging to know her since we met. She came to Tori's visitation and funeral and was a real blessing and encouragement to me. God has defnitely put Tori in other people's lives for a reason, and then other people in our lives as well. I love to look back on how God orchestrates things and does things without us ever knowing what's going to happen! I never knew standing in line one cold, early morning that I would find a lifelong friend.



Such a faker!



Ellie is the first baby girl that Josh has held since Tori. She came right to him and as it was for me the first time I held a baby again, I think it was really good for him.



Cutting and serving Tori's cake



As people came and went, they had an opportunity to watch Tori's video (below).




More mingling and chatting with special friends! Lori is due right near Tori's due date, please pray for her for a safe delivery.



(Hershey's) Hugs and Kisses from Tori for children that attended!



My dad gave Ellie a rose and she was being a "flower girl" by shaking petals everywhere. It was cute!

No comments: