Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Angelversarys"

I was looking online at some things that are special to do on the anniversary of your baby's birthday or death. I found something that a mother calls her "angelversary;" the "first anniversaries" for her "angel" that she lost (her baby). She also talks about why all the "firsts" are especially painful. It was encouraging to me because it put into words how I felt. I'm sure it doesn't affect everyone that way, though. Either way, you can click the link below if you would like to read her story; it is sweet.

http://shivere.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/pregnancy-loss-traditions-remembering-angelversaries/

What I was looking for was a quote that I had seen once before about butterflies. We plan to release butterflies at Tori's celebration on Saturday, because I have read that the butterfly symbolizes a mother who has lost her child. Ever since Tori's death and reading that quote, I have collected butterfly things. Angel things, too, but a lot of different butterfly things. Anyway, my good friend has found some butterflies to release, and although I hadn't planned on sharing it before hand, I found this tonight and thought it was special and had to share it. The lady I mentioned above talks about and has pictures of when their family released butterflies in their son's memory. It is neat. Check it out below.

http://shivere.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/memory-garden-butterfly-release-for-an-angel/

There was also a picture for her business and it is a baby in clouds. It may sound weird, but it was neat to see and think about Tori being in the clouds....in the most wonderful, safe, beautiful, lovely place I can imagine....and yet not even fathom, and that is Heaven. Oh, how I cannot wait to see her!!

http://shivere.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/logo-w.jpg

No comments: