Monday, September 1, 2008

Caleb Gill

When Tori was in the hospital here at Huntsville and also in Nashville, we met SO many different people during that time and I know God worked in and through that and is still continuing to months later. We have often times wondered WHY (even recently) all this happened and what was and is God doing through this by allowing Tori to be in Heaven vs. here on this earth with her mommy and daddy. I will try to explain why I think so.

We met complete strangers who would pray for us, bring a meal, give a monetary gift, things that fellow believers are called to do for one another despite not knowing each other personally on this earth before a crisis hits. She had many nurses that went over and above the duties of their job and prayed for her while encouraging us along the way. One of those nurses that cared for her was Debbie Gill.

Debbie lost her husband a few years ago, and I remembered after Amanda (another HSV nurse who has become a dear friend) told me about Caleb that Debbie and I had talked about a lot of stuff before. She wasn't one of her regular nurses, but I know God brought each of these ladies into our paths for a reason during this season. Little did any of us know that as she was caring and praying for my daughter at that time, that months later I would be praying diligently for her son's healing.

Little Caleb, who is 6 years old, was shockingly (to us, not God) diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery a couple of weeks ago to remove it at Vanderbilt (where Tori was). I know what shock, fear, anixety, worry, etc. runs through a mother's mind when they find out their baby is so sick. I know that Debbie has supportive family and friends helping her through this while her other children are still at home and she is trying to balance being with Caleb in the hospital while he needs her, too. She is fighting right along side of him, the best thing a mother can do in her position. She stays strong and keeps the faith. I know the Lord will richly bless her for this.

PRAISE THE LORD that Caleb's recent scans have not shown cancer anywhere else and he is now beginning to say some words again. That was one of Debbie's major prayer requests that after his surgery that sight and speech would be restored. He begins radiation this next week, so I ask that you will join me in praying for him and his complete healing. My dad had radiation so I know the tiredness and effects it can have, so please pray that Caleb will be pain free, comfortable and that the Lord will heal him.

He was a normal, average, everyday little boy running and playing before all this, so it proves that this could happen to anyone at anytime. I hope you will hug your children tighter and love them deeper. I find myself trying to be a little more patient with my almost three year old because I know life is too short to worry about every little thing that I get upset about.

Please visit and stay updated on Caleb's progress through this journey. His caring bridge page is www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebgill I know what awesome prayer warriors prayed on Tori's behalf, so I am now asking that you do the same for Caleb. You can also go to the link below and send an Ecard to his room like so many of you did for Tori. http://www.vanderbiltchildrens.com/interior.php?mid=1985 I know how much it will brighten their day. Thank you so much in advance for your prayers and encouragement to this family.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Thank God for those clear scans!