Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pictures from Tori's Celebration of Life -- Part 1



Our "theme" was "Tori was a precious gift from God." Her cake was in the shape of a gift and it was her signature color, pink. There was a small wooden cross beside it that said "Every good and perfect gift is from above." She was truly a good gift in our lives, and her body is now perfect in Heaven. I thought this "theme" was only appropriate because we were asking others to bring "gifts" to the NICU as well. It all worked well together.



Our beautiful display of refreshments we had. I had the best friends as volunteers that helped me so much this day!





All of my family members present and I released butterflies together on the back deck. Everyone gathered around us as my friend, Stephanie, shared about how a butterfly symbolizes how a mother has lost her child and is willing to let it go. I had first heard this from another friend of mine, Deborah, and after looking online, I found some beautiful quotes about it. Read two posts on Amy George's blog about the butterflies that day. She puts it into words well. It was beautiful and sentimental to say the least.





Deanna knitted some hats small enough to fit on 1 pound babies! Tori received and wore several of these when she was in the unit. What a blessing all of these past and present knitters are!



My brother, Micah, watching Tori's video that we had playing (that you can watch below as well.) It was special and heartbreaking to look back on where she was, where she had come to and what our prayers and thoughts were at that point. It was made a week before she died.



This was sent to the funeral home for Tori and I have kept it on a table in my den because it gives me such comfort that my baby is truly now an angel in the hands of God! She is there with the greatest Protector and Healer of them all! Just think about it....



Savannah loves her "big girl friend," Abby.




This is me and ellie...the little girl of my friend, Stephanie, who helped me put this special day together and make it such a success. Stephanie and I were originally due a month apart, and then Tori was born 4 months before Ellie was. It was VERY difficult for me to be around babies in the beginning, and now it is still hard to be around newborn and smaller babies because in my mind, that's what Tori was when she died. But I can tell that I am healing and growing because I love holding and loving on Ellie! She is precious.



Stephanie and I with all of our girls! What a special day it was for us all!



The BIG Sister! Savannah was so funny and got me in a bind...she asked was Tori going to be there that day and blow out her candles...I said "No, baby, remember she is in Heaven with Jesus?!" She thought a minute and said, "well, is Jesus going to be there??" Oh my goodness, how do I explain this to a two year old!! :) It was cute. She did, however, tell someone that "Jesus isn't going to be there." Oh my.



Will display part 2 later. Got to get ready for church. Have a wonderful Lord's day!!

No comments: