Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Holidays


I picked a new background because I really liked the style of it. It's simple and yet has just the right flair I was looking for! The only thing that I wanted to mention is that it says HAPPY HOLIDAYS instead of MERRY CHRISTMAS. Now I remember when we used to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a second thought was never given. However, with the day and age we live in, people are trying to take CHRIST out of everything, so we as Christians try to make sure we say MERRY CHRISTMAS vs. HAPPY HOLIDAYS now. It's sad that it's come to that, because I really liked to say "Happy Holidays," because it sums up Christmas and New Years, is quicker, and even has a nice ring to it. I try to always emphasize Merry Christmas now, though.

I really enjoy the Christmas classic, "Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays, Happy Holidaaaaaays...toooooooo....yoooooooouuuu!" I hope you know the one I'm singing in my head :) So, please know that I wish you a very MERRY Christmas, as well as Happy Holidays, but first and foremost, the reason we celebrate this time of year is because of CHRIST and that will NEVER be taken out of Christmas for me!! BTW- don't these people that hate CHRIST in CHRISTMAS know that they can change all the commercials and stores to say "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" but they still haven't changed the calendar to December 25th to read HOLIDAY or anything other than CHRISTMAS. That's what it was when they celebrated as a child, and what it always will be! :)

**P.S. It's sad that the above cartoon may become a reality one day and already is in some places!!! I read about how some people aren't allowed to say MERRY CHRISTMAS in their workplace. I think I'd find a new job. Pronto. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Melissa,
I love the new background and the picture of you and your daughter is beautiful! I totally agree with you about the cartoon and feel that it is horriable that it is coming to that! When I was a teacher, it all had to be WINTER themed which was very hard!

Christy said...

Melissa, if you have to quit your job over saying "Merry Christmas", then things are much worse than we realized! You know, Dwight has made a good point regarding those who hate Christmas, why do these bozos take Christmas, Easter off from work like everyone else? Shouldn't they be required to go into the office since they don't celebrate those holidays? I think so!