Friday, December 12, 2008

Stressed Out and Sleep Deprived


I know everyone has busy, stressful things happening or going on in their lives, and mine is nothing more important than yours, but I feel out of the ordinary stressed out lately. It's from the smallest things to the biggest things, most of which I don't have a lot of control over. Some are legitimate things to be concerned about, but I've always been a worry wart and am doing so more than ever it seems! To top it all off, I am not sleeping well either, so instead of relying on Ambien, I would like to try other alternatives. Anyone have any suggestions that has the same problem?? Reading scripture is always a good idea. Any other ideas are welcome.

Through my grief counseling, we have also talked about my anxiety level after Tori's loss because it seems to be at an all time high since she's died. So through prayer, medication, trying to stay positive, etc., I am trying to overcome this worrisome spirit! However, I am not succeeding very well today, and so I thought, what better way than to ask my blog readers to say a prayer for me...that my nerves will be calmed, that I won't worry, but instead let God handle things, and keep thinking positively.

On another note, my sister is coming home from Japan today for Christmas! We are all so excited! For those who don't know, she got married in May and moved to Japan where her husband is stationed in the Air Force. She will be home for 2 weeks and we are all looking forward to it! SO, we are off to the airport this afternoon to pick her up! She has requested one of our favorite Mexican restaraunts for dinner and then we're off to a live nativity! It should be a good night as we welcome her home (and hopefully stress free..lol)!! :)

Thanks for the prayers. Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Have fun with Meredith!

Anonymous said...

hey melissa...
i just read your blog...and i wanted to give you a little info. that might help you with your resting. since having kids...i have started to research and embrace more of the "natural" medicines...studying more about what i put into their little bodies..and so i thought that i would pass some information on to you regarding your present state. i haven't had sleeping issues that you are having, but a friend has, and she has told me that "melatonin" in spray form is supposed to be very effective. it's flavored with peppermint for taste and you use this about 30 min. before you want to wind down. the brand is "nature's plus" i believe. some others for you to check into are...five-htp...reduces anxiety in improves sleep....chamomile tea....valerian (an herb that helps you sleep) supposed to be very good. i think that "valerian" or "melatonin" is your best bet. however, i think that you need to check about taking these with an anti depressant. i hope these might help you...but i think that these would definately be something to look into. i will help you with any information that i can and that you would like...if you are interested. i am learning foods can really fix things for our bodies, too! oh well...if you are interested in any of this...i will help you! i want to help you in any way that i can. anyways...
i hope that you are already having a great time with your sister! i am sure that you miss her so very much!
i have been talking with deborah...and i want to come visit..."meet" you all sometime soon! after the holidays and when things settle down a bit! i hope that you wouldn't mind! let me know if you do! anyways...i am off to take my sweet emma to a little christmas party! i hope that you get a great night sleep tonight...let me know if you would like me to help you with any "natural" approaches to anxiety and sleeping...i have a love and interest in natural medicines!
hope to talk with you soon!
shannon s.

Amy said...

Melissa,
I'm so sorry to hear about your anxiety. I know, in my own experience, holidays or special ocassions can be so hard after the death of a child. I will pray that God gives you peace during this rough patch.

Amy

Anonymous said...

hey girl
i like to journal at night when i cant sleep i keep it under my pillow and a pen beside my bed so i can just start writing everything i am feeling or thinking about prayers ect... and it really helps me alot because i dont sleep well never have been able to sleep well... I will be praying for you I love and miss you !