Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My First Christmas in Heaven

I read this as I was trying to stay optimistic about not having Tori here for Christmas this year. I wanted to share it with all of you who may have lost a child or a loved one since last Christmas. All I can say is that at least they're not suffering anymore and that comforts my heart. However, it would comfort my heart even more to have her whole and here with me. I will have to hang onto the hope that He knew better than I did, though.

I see the countless Christmas trees,
around the world below.
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear.
For I am spending Christmas,
with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs,
that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can't compare,
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory,
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious,
than the purest gold.
It was always most important,
in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
my Father said to do.
I can't count the blessing or love,
He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas,
and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dearest melissa...
thank you for sharing this with us. when i saw the ornament...this is how i invisioned tori to be feeling. i hope that you can rest in this place...knowing how glorious it must be for her. for all the suffering she felt this time last year...oh the beauty she dwells in now. i can only imagine. i do think of you, always, and i especially pray for peace for you these next couple of weeks...as you celebrate Christmas and ring in the new year. sweet. tender. peace. that only He can provide. i love you and i will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers...as i always do. and by the way...thank you so much for the christmas card. you are so kind. hope you are getting rest this week and feel a little less anxious than you did just few days ago. day by day.
much love to you and your family...
shannon s.