Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Surrender All

I shared this video with my church family and many responded that it was what they needed at just the right time, so I thought I would pass it on to any blog readers that might want to see it, too.


Todd Smtih "I Surrender All" from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo

Background information- Todd and Angie Smith lost their daughter after only 2 hours of birth. They knew around 20 weeks that she had some fatal issues, but they prayed for a miracle. I have shared their story with you all before, and Angie's blog is on the side column of mine, but to refresh your memory, the Lord saw fit to take Audrey home rather than heal her precious, little body on this earth. Instead, she is in heaven now with Tori, and they are singing, dancing, worshipping and playing together I fully believe!

The family was interviewed by a local church in Nashville and I have shared that video with you all as well. I have now seen the song that Todd sang that day, "I Surrender All," and I have never heard a more powerful version knowing what he had went through and yet being able to sing these words that day. He was able to surrender everything, even his daughter's life, willingly and without grudge, all for the glory of God. And my, the glory HE has receieved! What an awesome God we serve Who takes bad and turns it around for good. I can attest to that in my own life.

I hope I don't have you all thinking that my life is rosey all of the time, though. Because believe me, it's NOT. I am a work in progress, just like the rest of you. The Lord is working in me and showing me new things everyday. My levels of trust that I've had that I thought were so high, well let's just say that He makes sure I mean it! He must trust me an awful lot that I trust him! (lol) Seriously though, I find a new level of trust and what it means to TRULY walk with Him in every situation in a new and unexpected path that I never thought I'd travel before. I will share more at a later and more proper time in my life when I am able. All I can say now is....God wants to know if you surrender EVERYTHING. Not everything but "this," or everything but "that," but ALL of it.

We sang "Tis so sweet to Trust in Jesus" this past Sunday. I stopped singing for a moment and just read the words on the screen. I challenged myself with everything going on in my life, and said to myself, "Do you really believe that? Do you really take Him at His word? Is it really sweet to trust in Him despite everything around you?" I must say, sometimes it's not. But that's where the surrendering to Him comes in. If and when we surrender all, we can experience the JOY and the VICTORY He wants us to find on the other side of all the trials we face and so diligently learned to trust Him through.

No comments: