Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spiritual Warfare -- Part 2

Not that it's a real big deal, but I put off finishing my part 2 blog from last week because I had a lot of different things going on and not really the right words to say at the moment. I don't know that I do, even now, but will try.

I feel like Satan attacks us in the sneakiest, slyest, and yet best ways. Actually, I know he does- he is truly the master of deceit. He knows how to get in, but it's not up to him whether or not we allow him to get the victory. We make a choice how to respond and what to say or do when in a situation. The Lord always makes an "out" for us when faced with temptation- and I mean even with the smallest things. I realize that more and more and actually see it firsthand as I am thinking more on my response to others before it just comes on out. I find that when being cautious about my tone or words when responding to others, makes for much less "negatives." Satan wants the opposite to be accomplished, though. He wants us to be selfish, demanding and plain mean.

I titled this spiritual warfare, because I know that we are constantly fighting a battle, especially in our day and age, against Satan and all his powers of darkness (Eph. 6:12). It may sound cliche to talk about putting on the armor of Christ, in every situation, but truly it's our only defense. What is the Full Armor of God? The Belt of TRUTH, Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, Shield of FAITH, Helmet of SALVATION, Sword of the SPIRIT and Feet prepared with the GOSPEL. Equipped with all this, knowing He is on our side, who can be against us????

I felt inclined to talk about all this last week because I felt like I was fighting a spiritual battle. I have mentioned this already, but I am doing this Beth Moore Study, and I told a friend of mine the other day, "It's really kicking my butt!" And I mean that in a good way!! I phrased it like that to emphasize that the Lord is really working on me and convicting me about some things, and Satan doesn't like it all one bit. He wants to try and use other people and circumstances to rob me of the joy, assurance, peace and security I am feeling from the Lord like never before.

I must admit that over the past month, I've been in a dark place most days. We learned this week about the oppressed and the oppressors in Psalm 129. It shed great light on my soul about some things and I no longer want to be the oppressor to others, and I also don't want to be oppressed. I realized that even if our oppression has been brought on by ourselves, He can and will still deliver us from it and for that I am so grateful. It proves His loyalty and His unconditional love for me. So, I am trusting God with my circumstances, fully handing them over to Him, rebuking Satan in the name of Jesus!, and also putting the people I love the most in the greatest Care that I ever could -- and that's with Him.

I believe with A LOT of prayer, faith, studying, perseverance and trusting, Satan can and will be overcome. I look forward to sharing some of the things I've learned in this study with my blog readers. I hope you all will continue to come back and read and share with me, too. I promise I haven't forgotten you all. It's been awhile because I've been dealing with some pretty heavy stuff for awhile now it seems. I thank you for your prayers and your caring spirits.

No comments: