Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brighter Days

Tomorrow I will begin a "new" job. I have actually had this job before, but when I was 6 months pregnant with Tori, I quit to be able to stay home with my 2 girls and work at MDO at our church part time where my kids could go with me. It was really a blessing in disguise that I quit I guess; there was no way I could have maintained a job while in Nashville with Tori for so long. They would have had to of found someone to replace me because I was out 6months with her. Not to mention the fact that I did NOT work again at all until the summer (a few hours a day at MDO at a local church) because I needed some time to just "be" after her death. I did that through the summer until the MDO at our church started back up in the fall where I am 2 days a week again.

Well, back in September, everything began to get much tighter for our family (with the economy the way it is, who isn't it tight for??). I knew I was going to have to add something else to the fire to help out. We went in for a sick visit with Savannah, and I decided to ask my previous job (which was before the secretarial position I am starting back tomorrow), my daughter's pediatrician's office, if they needed any help. I figured I could work there through the winter months (when they are most busy) and see what happens next spring or summer. It's NOT really what I "wanted" to do, but I was willing to do it. It was good because I knew the doctors and all the staff, how they do things and didn't have to learn anything, just start. I have been doing that 3 days a week since September, along with MDO 2 days a week to still be able to be home with Savannah some.

I got a phone call 2 weeks ago where all that changed for me, though. The job I am starting tomorrow is the secretarial position at University Baptist Church in Huntsville and I loved it when I was there! I loved my job and what I did (I love designing the bulletin, newsletter, powerpoint, etc.) and I also love the people there. They were all brought into my life for a reason, I know that without a shadow of a doubt, and it's NO coincidence that they are being brought back into my life again I know.

UBC is where I miscarried in January 2007. My water broke upstairs in the church and my dear friend/second mother rushed me to the hospital. This is where I have been in my life when I've lost 2 children, a very hard and difficult time in my life, but this church family has been much like my own, encouraging and praying for me all along the way. The staff is awesome. I love their "new" pastor. I say new because he came while I was there (which it has been a year and 4 months since I worked there...it seems like longer).

I am looking forward to going back, to an uplifting environment vs. all the wordly stuff that can drag you down at most jobs. It is good medicine for my soul to be around other believers at my job. Not something most people get to do, and don't get me wrong, we should definitely be around non believers to be able to impact them, but hopefully you know what I mean about not battling all the worldly things as much in this type of environment.

I will still be working MDO at our church 2 days a week for now, to be able to be home with Savannah more, but I am praying about what the Lord has in store for me. More to come later. I have lots of unanswered questions with God right now...prayer for wisdom, discernment and guidance would be helpful.

This is a true BLESSING that the Lord has given me again, and I don't take that lightly. "Thank you, Lord, for opening this door!" This was much more on a brighter note than my last post, but hey, at least I am trying to point out the positive. :)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I am really happy for you. I know being happy at work is something so many of us struggle with, and I'm so glad you'll finally get to go back to a place you really enjoyed.