Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camera Happy


Doesn't the title of my blog usually mean that someone is taking a lot of pictures if they're being "camera happy?" Well, that's not so much what I mean today (but will in a few weeks), but rather that I am SO ecstatic about my upcoming Christmas present from my mom and hubby!


I have asked for NOTHING for Christmas. When my mom asked me last week what I wanted, I said NOTHING. I want it all to be about Savannah this year and nothing for myself. Weeeellll, that was until I had an offer today that I couldn't refuse! (I am blogging about it because I am SO excited and can't hardly believe it, so just appease me and read, thanks!!!)


I have priced Nikon D40's for awhile now because of how many pictures I take with Savannah and all, but thought "I'll NEVER be able to afford a camera like that." I do NOT have the extra cash to do so, because brand new D40's are priced around 500 and up. The D50's, one step up, are priced $650 and up. So, I've been drooling and dreaming over them.


My good friend, Emily, has had a D50 she's been using. She actually took our latest family pictures with it (one of which is the picture at the top of my blog). It is a dream come true (for us both) that she got a D80 for her Birthday and in casual conversation today she said she was going to be selling her old one for $250. I knew what a deal this was, even for a used one, and told her to hold off until I asked my mom and hubby if they'd like to make this my one and only Christmas present. They have both agreed to go in half and do this for me! Yipeeeeeee! That is all I want, and any Christmas money I get from anyone will go towards this $125 part Josh is going to put out for me as well (I always feel guilty buying anything for myself now that we have a child).


I only wish that I could go back and take a lot of Savannah's pictures as a baby with my upcoming Christmas gift! I will have to make up for lost time now and am sure you'll be seeing plenty of crisp, clear pictures of her in the future!! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope that you get this camera in time to get some great Holiday shots. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Winter Holiday!
So glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job!