Monday, November 3, 2008

God will still be God

Well, not only is tomorrow my hubby's Birthday (he will be 26 years young!) but it is the day of the greatest talked about election I have seen in my lifetime. My OPINIONS are below:

-I will be voting for John McCain because I know in my heart that the morals he stands for is greater than any personality flaw or various detail that people tend to pick out.

-I fear that McCain will not get the presidency, though, due to recent polls I have seen online, and the so widely talked about support of Obama.

-Deep in my heart I feel that if Obama does get the presidency, we will see a decline in our country and our world...it may be a year or several years, but I have some personal thoughts on this subject that you can privately ask me about if you'd like. I fear to be too brave and make such prophetic claims publicly when I am no one of the sort to do so. Just my opinions.

The FACTS are below:

-Even if Obama gets the presidency, we shouldn't be too discouraged. Hear me out... YES! I fully believe that we should take a stand and vote for what we believe and know to be right, but scripture tells us that one day, evil will eventually corrupt our world, and I feel that more and more scripture is unveiling itself and we are living in more of the end times. EVEN IF Obama becomes the next US president, I have the assurance that even though laws and such may change, the BIBLE, GOD'S WORD, will NEVER change and is stronger than any two edged sword. It can cut through all the corruptness in this world and that gives me the peace about even though the ruler of our country may change, our God NEVER will.

-To be honest, I'm ready to go now if it be His will! To my heavenly home that is. There's much more to do still on this earth, but the worse things get and the closer it seems to this becoming reality sooner than later, I am more and more excited about that sweet day!! (This is not so much a fact except that there is lots to do before we are all called home so let's keep that in mind)

-The final fact is HE will still be our Savior, not our next president. Let us not be too quick to put all of our reliance on a human man, politics, our money or economical status but instead Who is in control of it all.

I struggle daily with keeping my eyes on the big picture and not letting my fleshly desires and mindset get in the way. I fall flat on my face too many times. I do try to stand for what's right and do what I should, though, and I know the Lord knows my heart. He doesn't want my (our) apathy, though. God help us when we begin to give excuses for our and our country's actions instead of doing something about it. I hope you will keep that in mind when you go to vote tomorrow.

Let HIM be at the center of every one of your thoughts and actions...and don't worry, there are four fingers pointing right back at me!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So very true. I posted this morning in my blog that I still believe in America and I still believe that greater things are yet to come.

Now, I personally will be voting for Obama, even though I don't agree with everything he stands for. I feel he is the better choice for our country. But, I completely respect John McCain and those who will cast their vote for him.

Regardless, I pray for the man who will be leading our country to have wisdom in his decisions and that God will use him in a way to keep our country great.

But, as you said, no matter what...God will still be God and He will still be on His throne no matter who our earthly leader is.

I hope you have a great day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

i couldn't agree more! it is a VERY scary thought, obama leading our country, but God leads my heart and He holds our future in His hands...our VICTORY! praise the Lord! i can't help but think the same as you! i want so much for mccain to get it, but i fear that obama may...that the Lord is knowing that this will happen...and us NEEDING Him more than ever before. i feel like it could leave the whole world at a place of ... do we serve God? or do we serve man? i feel like this is just setting up more of what we were told was going to come! i HEAR what you are saying and i agree with you. i pray that God gives us the strength, on a daily, moment to moment, basis...to be what and who He has called us to be...and with strength and assurity...standing for Him. i have to place my trust there. my other concern, is for all of those, who say they love the Lord, yet vote obama...and yes, i do know a lot of people like this. if in nothing else...how can they go along with his thoughts on abortion...that alone should make any christian run the other way! i just don't understand, but God already KNOWS the outcome of all of this.
thank you for your post...i share your thoughts in every way! it is our job and our duty and an honor to stand up for what we believe in whether other people want to hear it or not!
i hope you are doing well! i am still praying for you...and hope you have a great week!
hope josh has a great birthday today!
shannon stinson