Monday, November 17, 2008

Copycat

Thanks to my friend Christy, I have an idea. I'll tell you some things about me, but then you have to share some things about YOU! I don't open up to others enough, so this is a good chance to do so....as well as get to know you all better :) ALSO- I have been wanting to post this for awhile and keep forgetting, but if you have a blog, please let me know so I can read it and keep up with you! I don't know who a lot of my readers are anymore, my blogpatrol says they are from all over, but I'd like to read your thoughts as well. Thanks!! Look forward to "meeting" you!

  • I am a very detailed and organized person. I have a lot of OCD tendencies, don't worry...not crazy, off the wall things, but like wanting to keep the house neat, things organized, etc. I like to have things planned most of the time, but wish I was more sporatic! (Working on this) I DO take Zoloft to help with depression and anxiety, though. Not ashamed, either.
  • I am a DIET COKE ADDICT. My kidneys will probably shut down any day now. I HAVE to have a diet coke...like...all the time. Not good, I know. I've tried to cut back, but continue to fail. Do you think they could make Diet Coke patches like nicotene patches??
  • I have a VERY hard time opening up to people and trusting in general. Okay, so you probably knew this from my previous posts, but thought I would throw it out there.
  • I was almost 200 pounds when I had Savannah! There, you have it! A woman told her weight...and on a public site! I am not ashamed. I still haven't lost all my baby weight from her, my miscarriage, or Tori. Although I'd like to be several sizes smaller and am working at it, I've come to accept my figure for how it is now. My babies helped put it there, so I try to look at it that way :)
  • I AM a natural blonde, although the older I get, the darker my hair gets. I have to keep it highlighted these days. It's a pain in the butt, too....
  • I do NOT like CAKE or most sweets. I know, shocker, huh?! I HEART Cheesecake and certain other things, but I'm not a big chocolate fan. Can you believe it?! A woman that doesn't crave chocolate?? Let's just say it's a good thing, or I would still be near 200 pounds! :)
  • I LOVE singing to the radio and playing guitar Hero on EASY, but that's about as far as my musical talent goes. My husband rolls his eyes when we're driving down the road and I am jamming as loud as I can! :)
  • I want 2 more children but am really worried that this won't happen. It's not something I've rushed to talk or think about since Tori died, but this has always been my heart's desire, and I'm afraid I won't be able to. I am SO blessed to have just Savannah if that's what the Lord has for me, but I would LOVE to have another baby...or two. (I LOVE being a mother!!)
  • I don't like to read, so I have several books I've started and never finished. Kind of sad, because I have no clue how they end. One day, one day....I'll finish them.
  • I love Carrie Underwood and The Dixie Chick's old stuff. I heart Mariah Carey's Christmas CD...I could listen to it year round. I love Natalie Grant...I saw her singing at a church when she first started out. I love, love some good female vocalists...but definitely have some fave male vocalists, too!
  • The Notebook is my all time, favorite movie! The duck and rain scene is my favorite! (Yes, I'm a romantic at heart!) I love snuggling and quality time is definitely my love language!
  • When I'm down in the dumps, buying somethng makes me feel better...and it also gets me in trouble with my husband. Just buying groceries can be therapeutic for me! I know, weird, right??
  • I love my family and wished I lived in Danielsville, GA with lots of land and we all lived close to each other and had big huge dinners with our big huge families and big huge six digit salaries to live off of! :) *what a run on sentence, I know.

Okay, so I'm REALLY tired of talking about myself. I'm now ready to hear from YOU. Get busy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey melissa...
so fun to read your recent blog! we know some of the deepest parts of your life...it's is fun to also hear some of the stuff that makes up the very person that you are!
...here goes some of my "stuff"...
-i have thought about starting a blog because i love to journal and write, but for some reason...it scares me to have people i don't know, access to my life! does that freak you out?
-i am an official "blog reader"...started because of you, actually...and one has led to another...i now keep up with 8 blogs, daily, and 3+ caring bridge sites...and also read on others as i am led to pray for them.
-i weigh more than i want to...some people say, "if you want it bad enough...you will make it happen"! while i kind of agree...i get overwhelmed by the big picture of it all...i have issues in this department. while i feel like i will never be that skinny little girl...i feel that one day...i will lose more of my "happy" weight, as they call it, due to marriage and two babies! we'll see!
-i love interior design stuff...if i had endless amounts of money...i could really go to town! i love this stuff...i get so inspired!
-i love all kinds of art...photography, paintings, music...the list goes on and on. i feel like i do have a creative side to me...i am still figuring out what me specailty will be! again, i get overwhelmed!
-i love old houses with lots of character. my dream house is nothing big...just lots of character and color and useful space...living in it all!
-i am a worrier...i worry about too many things. the Lord has been working on me with this for some time now. oddly enough, He has used you and some other blogs to teach me more truth in this. sounds strange, but VERY true.
-did i mention i love music? all kinds...christian, folk, country, christmas, jazz, etc.
-i love the ocean. it is such a liberating place...but, i love the mountains, too!
-i met my husband through eharmony! yes, it's true...God can use anything to bring two people together!
-i struggle in my marriage, as any other person does...but i long for a beautiful relationship all of the time!
-i think that i am a very compassionate person...i care so much about people...especially when God puts people heavy on my heart, they stay there! you would be one of those people!
...okay, i gave it a go! fun!
hope you have a great night! still hope to meet you some day! i am holding out for that!
shannon stinson

Anonymous said...

* I Love to sing !! I really Love to sing and worship and Dance for the Lord !!
*I Love being Tan!!!
* I hate Make up..
* I Love my husband with all my Heart He is My Best friend and Is One Rockin awesome Man who Loves me for me and He Loves the Lord so much and he is so amazing!!
*I Love Snow.... Can't Get enough of it!!!
*I don't Cry If i do cry then something is really wrong
* I am a Hypochondriac and cant watch shows like House or Er because i Think i have every disease is on tv lol..
* I Love Christmas!!!
* and IT takes a lot to hurt my feelings i mean a whole lot ...
* I have a Really Dry sense of humor.. but so does Jason so it works out really well
* I Love stupid Tv shows Like
The Office, Flight of the concords ,
Monk and Psych
* I am really Shy even though i am a Stylist and have to Be out going.. i really Hate Big groups of people i Some times fell like i am going to have a panic attack when i am in a crowd.. I hate being the center of attention .. and will not speak in front of a crowd although Jason Is opposite he hates one on one he loves being on stage and speaking to crowds....
* I am very afraid of heights to the point i cant even stand on a chair with out panicking a little bit... so there for i am not really a mountain fan they are beautiful but i like to be in the valley and look up .... but i do love roller coasters.. Go figure
*I am excited about becoming a mom but a bit terrified all at the same time....
* I Love the Lord with all my heart but struggle with being Bold in my faith....
* I am very non confrontational and so is my husband so there for we don't really fight we just tell each other that one or the other is getting on our nerves and stop doing what ever that would be
* I Can't hold grudges I try and it is imposable for me to .... It makes me feel worse than what ever that someone did to me... so i just forgive and forget and it works for me ..
* I Tell every one I Love them because I Truly Do love everyone...
* I don't trust Men really other than My Husband and my Daddy....
* I cant Spell well at all product of public school lol
* I am not a gift person i Like getting them but it is hard for me to get excited i have the same face weather i love it or hate it ... I am a Quality time person so If you spend time with me I Know you love me Gifts just are not my love language.... Jason is a Quality time person also so it works well for us and keeps our bank account from draining lol We have not bought each other Christmas or anniversary Gifts scenes we have been married so 5 years almost...
* I hate shopping and spending money It makes me sick and i will have byers remorse for days after buying something even grocery's lol
* I Love tomato soup and Grilled cheese sandwiches
* I am not very organized but i do like my house to be clean jason is the OCD one If you have ever saw monk he is Monk lol so we fit well together
* I hate change
*I also hate being late i am always several min early anywhere i am going if i have a apt..
*I Like to have everything planed out for Christmas and thanksgiving months in advanced lol that way it goes smooth....
* we want to Adopt after we have Bella and have a colorful family that way our children will not see color but will see the Fruit in people....
* I tend to be blunt and it hurts some peoples Feelings but i never mean for it to!! so i have to really think before i speak
*I Love R&B Music It is a guilty pleasure
and I Love Christmas Music !!!
*I Love Margaritas every now and then so does Jason so that also works well lol We don't think a casual Drink every now and then is a sin. I Do think getting Drunk is a sin...
* I Love Girls night's out as long as Jason is there too we can never get enough of each other..
There is a lot more I could put but i am tired of typing and have prolly taking up to much room on the blog anyway.. Love you Melissa

Christy said...

I enjoyed reading your stuff. I'm not gonna post any of mine since you already read it today. Thanks for the link love, BTW. ;0) Oh, it's a good thing you don't like chocolate. I mean, I wouldn't want to have to hurt you fighting over the Hershey's w/ almonds (my favorite in case you're wondering).

Melissa said...

Thank you Shannon and Lori for participating! While I've emailed/corresponded/talked with you both several times, but now I've learned new things about you! :)

I see that we share in things I didn't mention. Shannon, I , too, love to read blogs, LOVE interior design (it's an inherited gift from my mom), LOVE old houses- my dream is to buy an old victorian home and fix it up, and I love all genres of music, too!

Lori, we too, share some things in common. I HATE putting on makeup, but feel like I HAVE to. :( I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas- it's my favorite time of year! I love Christmas music, too, I am already popping in my Christmas CD's in my car- I can't get enough of it. I love the snow as well! SO beautiful and so fun to play in. I HATE being late as well. I try to be on time everywhere I go...not that I always am...but I have panic attacks sometimes if I think I'm going to be late. It's true!

Thanks girls for sharing! Christy, thanks for starting this, and don't worry, I won't steal your almond hershey's...good gift idea, though :) hmmm...

Brittany said...

I wrote mine on my bloggie... check it out when you get a chance! Hope the new job is going well!

Kristin said...

Let's see...

*I don't really care for chocolate either.

*My home away from home is Chicago even though I was born in Birmingham and have lived here my entire life.

*I went through a period a few years back where I almost walked away from my marriage and my 2 sons but God drew me back to Him and I'm closer to Him now than I ever have been before and I am so grateful. I also now have my 3rd son...born this past July.

*I have many acquaintances but very few friends. I am an extremely loyal friend and go out of my way to be so.

*My life is an open book...in fact my husband thinks I share too much sometimes but I feel that if anybody can learn something from trials I've gone through in my life and not have to face them themselves then it is worth it.