Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Fun

This past weekend we went to Dothan, AL, where my husband's family is from (and where I lived for 5 years), and we had a BLAST! We took Savannah to the National Peanut Festival , a yearly tradition and a must for all Dothan residents! It's a huge fair, the biggest and best I've ever attended, and tons of family fun that we pack into one night! I "jokingly" said the only reason I go is for all the yummy food....from roasted corn to "The Corn Dog Man," boiled peanuts, candy apples, elephant ears, cotton candy, and cinnamon rolls (those are all MY Favorites and a yearly must for me, although there is TONS More!!).









This year was the second year that we have taken Savannah, but the first that she was big enough to do some things without an adult. (Last year we missed it for the first time in years because we were in Nashville with Tori) She had a ball and enjoyed riding all the rides for her age group, although mom, dad, Nana Lo and a family friend's little boy (Landon) did ride with her on most of them! She did drive a car all by herself as you will see in the picture below.







Needless to say, we had a good time and enjoyed being with our family and friends. What a blessing it was to be able to enjoy this time of the year with those we love...something I don't take for granted anymore and think about more than ever. I really missed Tori and although I didn't say it out loud to anyone, I sure wished she was there riding with her big sister this year. Those 2 girls would've been a sight! Tori would be 14 months old and Savannah just turned 3 in October. They would have been the best of playmates I'm sure...and even fought well, too. :) Not a day goes by that I don't long to see my girls together. I know the Lord knows what He was doing, but it still tugs at my heart and hurts nonetheless. Enjoy our pictures and God Bless!





3 comments:

Lucy said...

Aw, looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Christy said...

I'm glad you all got to go and enjoy one of your favorite things. Looks like Savannah had a blast. She is such a big girl now!

Kristin said...

What a cutie you have on your hands!