Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adios!

That's right, we're getting away! This Friday is our much anticipated Anniversary Trip! We are blessed to have friends at church that have allowed us to use one of their timeshares so we are headed to Fairfield Glades in Crossville, TN. Not much there, just a resort where we can relax, sleep in(!!!!), and Josh is looking forward to playing golf on one of their 5 courses I believe it is(?!), go fishing on our choice of 12 lakes and just sit in the sun and take it easy! We haven't done this alone since having Savannah, and although I hate to leave her in a sense, I'm ready to just get away from life with my hubby for a few days while regrouping and relaxing! Please pray for safe travel if you think about it and that it will be a good time of refreshment for us both. We will celebrate the big 5 years in 3 weeks! :)

All that to say, I know this is Memorial Day weekend and lots of people will be traveling, while some may choose to stay home because of rising gas prices (which I feel kind of sick about spending for, but am somewhat used to it driving back and forth to Nashville so much for so long...), but I am curious to see where you might be going. We wanted to get away somewhere quiet this time, not somewhere with lots of attractions, theme parks, etc. We've had our share of that and are just ready for some R&R! You may be doing something fun filled, adventurous, and action packed, though....if so, tell me about it! I want some feedback...not just to always share what's on my mind all the time, but hear from readers who have been around since I first started updating about Tori back in November. I feel like I know so many of you on a personal, friend, day to day basis, so I'm interested in YOU, too! You may plan on lounging around the house, and that's okay, too....but whatever it is, I'd love to hear from you! :)

Everyone have a WONDERFUL Memorial Day Weekend!!!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

We're heading to Gulf Shores Friday for my cousin's wedding. As many times as I've driven BY the beach over the last couple of years, I haven't been ON the beach in at least 4 years. I'm excited!

I hope you guys have a blast! You deserve some time away.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing, Lucy! I hope ya'll have fun at the beach...Gulf Shores is where my family and I vacationed for many years throughout my childhood. I love it there! You guys have a good time, too!!

Anonymous said...

hey melissa..
i hope that you and josh have a great time away...i am sure that you will. i hope you have plenty of beautiful weather. we are just going to spend some time here with all of the family, and i am going to the flea market with my girlfriend. we had to put our dog to sleep yesterday :( so we are recooping from that. i think we will enjoy our weekend, too, and take it easy with friends and family. i look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing pics! have a great time!