Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update

I thought I'd just give a quick update for those who were praying for my dad while he was in the hospital. He stayed a couple of nights, they did a CT (which came back normal), his EKG showed his coronary artery disease (which we already knew about as a damage from radiation), his colonoscopy looked good, his blood work showed that he was severely dehydrated which we knew, so he was able to receive several bags of fluid during his two day stay. They did put him on some new stomach medicine and he was on Zofran every 4 hours while in the hospital. We think at first he had just gotten a bad stomach virus, but then he got dehydrated so badly that he just couldn't get over it. All that to say that he has to be extra cautious when he gets real sick like this because he doesn't have a spleen, which helps fight off sickness, so if he gets "kicked while he's down," it could not be good. I am proud to say that he is home and on the mend, though (and getting back to his ornery self :) just kidding!)!!

Through this, I thought about Tori and how long it seemed like my dad was away from home, yet Tori was "away" from home for nearly 6 months, all her life. I wish SO badly that she would have gotten a normal chance at life....to come home to her family who could have loved on her better at home.....to have played with her big sister.....I watch how Savannah is with her baby dolls and she would have been such a good big sister!! She was asking me to help her feed them the other day, and I was teaching her how to burp them after she gives them their bottle.....she took it all in, watching every move, and it was so sweet! I know she would have been so good helping with Tori! There are little things I think of often and miss terribly about Tori, and yet I have a peace about it all. It definitely "surpasses all understanding" the way I feel.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Praise God that your dad is on the mend! He was looking so terrible at church last week--you could just see how miserable he felt. :(