Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random

Just random thoughts today.....

I've been meaning to mention it for a week now, but Tori's marker on her grave came in last week and it's the most beautiful thing. It's been 8 weeks, but we had to get that much paid for before they would order it. It fits her perfectly (it's granite with the shape of a heart on top) and is very special. We had enough room to put Victoria "Tori" L. Wilhoit on it, and I was so glad. For those who knew her well enough through my blogs, you know that we liked to call her Victoria because we felt that it suited her well....to be victorious over being premature, being sick, everything thrown her way. Ultimately, she was victorious in a different way, but nevertheless she was. "Tori," though, is near and dear to my heart. I've always liked it since my dad had cancer when I was in middle school....his oncologist's name was Tori, and it stuck with me. I remember her vividly and having such a huge part in my dad's sickness and helping him to get through it, until it only seemed fitting to me to name Tori somewhat after her.

Anyway, I will try to remember to take a picture of it, I did with my phone, but I meant to with my camera, and post it for you who are far away and won't be able to see it. For those of you who would like to ever visit her sometime, I will tell you where it is- very easy to find. Huntsville Memory Gardens on 72 has a white fenced in area at the back of the cemetery called "English Cottage" and the flowers and trees are blooming around it this time of year and it's perfect for her. We want to get a granite bench (as a family) for her by her 1st birthday so we can sit out there with her better. It's the newest part of the cemetery, very few plots in it taken yet, so you would be able to find hers pretty easily. We have had several friends go by and leave flowers, and I don't know that I've ever said thank you formally, but thank you!

Also- I am working on getting all of her pictures in online albums on shutterfly to be able to have them organized and all together. It's taken me awhile because there are SO many, so there will be more to come. Until then, here is the site where you can view them if you're ever interested. I haven't printed them all and put them in a baby book like I'd really like to, because there are so many and it would cost a lot to do so all at once, but here's a start. Enjoy!

http://toriwilhoit.shutterfly.com/action/

Also- to update on the other day....I was really nervous before speaking at the Ladies Bible Study but it was a very warm, laid back and comforting group of ladies whom I enjoyed spending time sharing with, and I feel like I was able to "get some stuff out." They probably don't realize how much it really helped me to be able to do so. I truly appreciate everyone who prayed for me and my nerves to be calmed. They weren't at first, but the Lord used everything just the way He wanted I truly believe. A few of the ladies and I talked about publishing my journal entries, well that is something else I ask that you pray with me on. I have probably already shared this recently, but I want it to be a God ordained thing if that happens, and right now, I just can't commit to "finishing" her journal, but in time, I may be able to. I am just praying for the right doors to open if it be His will and anything that He may want to use Josh or I for.

Thanks for listening today! I feel like I was just all over the place! :) I have enjoyed the new "blog world," but miss hearing from my "old readers," too. I hope that everyone is doing well, though. Have a good weekend....and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm glad you did well at the ladies meeting.